Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The 2010 One Year Bible Challenge

So, for 2010 I am going to read the whole Bible in one year. Each day, I hope to be able to post reflections on certain verses, and I will post in advance the readings so that anyone interested can read along and post reflections too. I will also post some very interesting information on archaeological finds and other historical finds that may speak to the significance of and may enlighten certain stories in the Bible. As Christians we must read both the Old and the New Testament. Unfortunately, the Old Testament is often untouched. I have found that understanding Jewish law and history is absolutely essential to understanding Jesus' society, as is understanding the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman Empires. When put in its historical context, the Bible makes a lot more sense. So, come join with me as I take on this One Year Bible Challenge. I will start on January 1 with Genesis 1-3.

Unless otherwise noted: the version of the Bible I will be quoting from is the New International Version (NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment